Kingswear Parish Council
DRAFT Minutes of the Planning Committee held in the Trust Room on Tuesday 24th June 2014 at 7.30pm
PRESENT: 4 Councillors: Cllr. A. Lovell (Chair), Cllr. K. Allen, Cllr. J. Ferris, Cllr. R. Lovell, Cllr. H. Newcombe, Cllr. M. Trevorrow and Mrs E Illingworth (Clerk). Seven members of the public were present and later in the meeting Cllr. J. Hawkins.
P/055/14 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE (1)
Cllr. J. Henshall, Cllr. A. Paddock.
P/056/14 MINUTES (2)
The Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on Tuesday 27th May were agreed and signed as a correct record.
P/057/14 DECALRATION OF INTERESTS (3)
Cllr. M. Trevorrow personal for application 30/1422/14/F.
P/058/14 QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC (4)
Mr B Morris consulted the parish council as a pre application for plans for Old Mill Farm.
There were three speakers in objection to application 30/1422/14/F The Anchorage.
P/059/14 PLANNING APPLICATIONS (5)
1. 30/1422/14/F Erection of a single two storey dwelling and separation of part of garden for Mr M Bayliss at The Anchorage, Redoubt Hill, Kingswear, Dartmouth. TQ6 0DA. OBJECTION
Application is contrary to planning policy DP7 (new build not in permitted development area). In addition a view of public importance would be lost.
2. 30/1391/14/F Householder application for ground floor extension and alterations to include gallery and balconies at first floor level (resubmission of 30/1648/13/F) for Mr and Mrs D Donelly at The Farthings, Beacon Road, Kingswear. TQ6 0BS. SUPPORT
Supported providing the left hand section of the building on the up river side of the building on the wall with the Juliet window is clad in slate or stone facing. This will visually reduce the horizontal bulk of the building and natural materials would be more in keeping with the Conservation Area and AONB. This was suggested by the Kingswear Chair of Planning Annie Lovell at the meeting of the Conservation and Design Review Panel on the 4th of March 2014 at Follaton House and supported.
3. 30/1417/14/F Construction of non-illuminated grass tennis court for Dr D Burston at Coombe Cottage, Bridge Road, Kingswear. TQ6 0DZ. OBJECTION
Contrary to Planning Policy D15 (development in countryside)
4. 30/1293/14/F Householder application for strengthening works to wall at 24 Hillhead Park, Hillhead Brixham. TQ5 0HG. NO OBJECTION
P/60/14 TREE MATTERS (6)
Works to Tree Preservation Order Trees (Grant of Exemption). Application Number 3515, Planning Ref: 30/1365/14/TW at Land adjacent to Brixham Road Kingswear.
Works: fell Ash.
Reason: Fell Ash
P/061/14 CORRESPONDENCE (7)
1. Correspondence relating to application 30/1422/14/F The Anchorage X 3
P/062/14 PLANNING APPEAL MATTERS (8)
P/063/14 SHDC PLANNING DECISIONS (Kingswear PC Recommendations in Brackets) (9) NOTED
1. 30/0838/14/F Erection of new dwelling (amendment to approval 30/1580/11/F) Land adjacent to Littlecroft, Higher Contour Road, Kingswear TQ6 0DE for Mr and Mrs P Pudduck. CONDITIONAL APPROVAL (No Objection)
2. 30/0946/14/F Householder application for amendments to approval 30/0276/11/F (for roof extensions to facilitate loft conversion) for Mr and Mrs Howell at 1 Jubilee Terrace, Lower Contour Road, Kingswear. TQ6 0AX. CONDITIONAL APPROVAL (No Objection)
Minutes Approved . Date: .